Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 8 of 31: Getting a Little Secret Service in Order

We started the tradition of "booing" people a couple years ago and my kids absolutely love it.  There are so many creative versions of it out there that I try a different one each year.  This is the version I chose for this year.




If you are not familiar with the idea of booing someone, basically it is ding dong ditching with treats.  You make three sets of treats and three copies of the booed sign and the booed instructions (if you want the version I am using, click on the picture above.  You can find the other versions on pinterest). Then you pick three friends or neighbors and put a treat and the sign and directions on their doorstep, ring and run for cover.  
That is my kids favorite part.  They feel like they are special ops or something.  They wear all black and feel all sneaky.  The idea is that it should continue.  The three people you boo, go out and boo three more.  Each time the person makes copies for their "victims" and places their sign in a window or on their front door. That way they don't get booed again by someone else.
My favorite part is the treats.  This year I am really looking forward to caramel apples, so that is the treat that I am going to leave. 

I just love how this is so sneaky, yet so kind.  




2 comments:

  1. Oh my word -- isn't this the most adorable thing. I sure wish I knew of booing when my kids were little. blessings from #31days

    http://positivelyalene.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all the great 31 days ideas as well. Thanks for checking out mine.

    ReplyDelete