Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 18 of 31: Getting rid of some dust

http://www.clipsahoy.com/clipart3/as6097.gif
Our ceiling fan has been running 24 hours a day for the last few months, but since the weather is getting a little cooler we can finally turn it off.  Do you know what a ceiling fan looks like after 6 months of spinning?  There was at least half an inch of dust stuck to the edges.  So I got on a chair and vacuumed all the gunk off the blades.  That got me thinking though, where else is there lots of dust that I just don't think about very much?  I found it, on top of the fridge, in the window sills, on the blinds, all the picture frames on the walls and on the lights in the bathroom.  It is probably a lot of other places, but once I cleaned it off those areas I was all dusted out.  I did find it one more place though...in the vacuum.  While I was on a dust quest I realized that the vacuum didn't have as much suction as it should so I opened it to change the bag and I think I could have made an entire body out of the dust and hair that came out of it.  Ewww!  But it is all clean now and I even put a scented bag in it.  It definitely fells a little more fresh in here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment