Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Diamond in the Rough

As I have said before, there is nothing better than getting something for free and turning it into something useful.  My uncle gave my husband a fan in box.  The outside picture was beautiful and at first I thought maybe he had hit the jackpot.  Instead it was his old fan in his new fan's box.  The fan was not really in style anymore and it definitely would not match anything in our house.  I had come to the conclusion that we too should just throw it away, but then I figured it couldn't hurt to just experiment a little with it.  This is what we started with.

 Oh yeah, now you can see why the box almost found itself in our trash can.  We spray painted the blades a cream color and all the nasty gold parts we painted 'oil rubbed bronze'.
I still wouldn't say it is the most stylish fan, but at least now it matches.  Regardless of the appearance I am glad we gave it a chance because it works great and completely cools down the room, plus it has three different lighting options so we can adjust it to what we need.  Not bad for something free!

No comments:

Post a Comment