Saturday, August 25, 2012

Who left the barn door open?

I know this seems like a silly name for a blog, but there is a story behind it.  We moved into our current home two years ago.  Our previous home only had one eating area and so we only had one large dining table that came with us.  This house has an area for a table in the kitchen as well as a dining room, so we put the large table in the dining room which left our kitchen very empty.  I really wanted a table for that space, but never could find just what I was looking for that I could afford.  So I decided that I would make what I wanted.  I found an old table that someone was selling for $20 and we refinished it.  That got me hooked.  Now I feel incomplete if I do not have at least a couple projects going all the time.  I have this wonderful dream of someday owning a piece of land with an old farmhouse to refinish and an old barn that I can turn into a furniture and decor shop filled with one of a kind creations.  So there you have it, this is what you would see behind "The Old Barn Door".  I hope you all enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment