Monday, August 27, 2012

Entry Hall Wall

Well I have shown you my cute hall mirror, but I haven't shown you the table that is under it yet.  Let's start out with the slow evolution of my entry hall.
This is what it looked like when we first moved in.  The other houses we have owned have only had small entry areas that could not fit anything so when we finally had a long entry I had no idea what to do with it.  I tried moving different things there, but none of them ever looked like they were meant for that space.  So, as I have grown to love,  I decided to make something just for that wall. 
This was a bigger challenge to figure out than I thought.  It happened gradually in very small doses.
 First I added some vinyl to the wall.  That is a verse from a song I really like.


 I wanted it to look like it was being tossed in the wind like a leaf on Winnie the Pooh.

But the wall still looked blank.
 So we built our first table.

That helped a lot, but it still felt like there was a lot of wall there.
That was where the mirror I made from the armoire door came in handy.  It fills it up perfectly.  Now the wall feels complete, not too crowded, but not too empty.


No comments:

Post a Comment