Saturday, August 25, 2012

Kitchen Redo

I really love our house, but lately I have not really been in love with the color of wood.  There is just something so ordinary about Honey Maple cabinets.  I am sure there are many many people out there with that color cabinets and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that color.  I just needed something different in my kitchen this year.  Since the wood was still in really good condition it didn't make sense to get new cabinets, so we decided to just refinish the ones we had.
Before









 Like I said, they weren't bad cabinets.  They were still in excellent shape and the counter tops are brand new.  Since the rest of our house is pretty neutral, I decided to go with black and put some beadboard and handles to finish things off.  The paint color was actually really scary, there is no turning back from black.  But I think they turned out really nice and they definitely have a more updated look.
After















1 comment: