Saturday, November 10, 2012

The end of 31 days: Getting work in order!

I have had a really crazy last three weeks.  I have mentioned before that I teach college online, however I have also been a high school science teacher since 2006.  Last year I taught Anatomy but I started it out as a long term sub and then got a temporary contract.  At the end of the year the principal told me he wanted me to stay with a permanent contract, but they would have to do what the district wanted to do.  Two days before school ended I found out that a teacher from another school in the district wanted the position at my school and since she had higher seniority she got the position and I was put back into the sub pool.  So this year I have been subbing for various schools in the district.  In the middle of October I was called to sub for someone during their maternity leave.  With that, teaching four online classes and trying to raise my two sons the best I can, I am having a hard time finding time for anything else.  I miss my blog and I miss my sleep.  I will try my best to keep up with things, but the good news is that the semester ends in December and then the other teacher will be back.  Sorry I did not get through all the 31 days, but I guess those days can all be gathered into a Getting Work In Order day. 
Now if I can just find a way to get some sleep at night perhaps I won't fall asleep at the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment